Mr. Somchai Phornchindarak , President of the Gem and Jewelry Precious Metal Confederation of Thaland and Vice Chairman of Advisory Board of Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association ,and TGJTA’s Board of Directors attended opening the 65th Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Fair which aims to revitalize the economy, proactively promote international trade, expand business networks, and create new opportunities for Thai products and services. The DITP has also announced that it is cooperating with the private sector to implement preventative measures to address concerns about the COVID-19 virus in order to ensure safety of all visitors at the fair as well as welcome buyers from 100 nations to trade with exhibitors.
The spread of the COVID-19 virus has impacted several fairs around the world. However the Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Fair is the important fair which serves as a trading platform for professionals in the gems and jewelry industry. Thus, The DITP have coordinated with the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Disease Control to fully implement preventative measures in the area as per international protocol to ensure the safety of all participants who are doing business here at the fair.
While special activities at the fair include:
• Siam Silver Showcase: A silver jewelry exhibition featuring five trends of silver jewelry, from Generation Silver, Modern Heritage, Fashion Charm, Urban Tribe, to Lifestyle Silverware. Participants can also join in silver jewelry workshops at the event.
• Networking Reception: Held under the theme of Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Elite Club, the reception offers a special platform for key figures in the gems and jewelry industry with an exclusive club.
• The New Faces: An exhibition featuring over 170 exhibitors who are showcasing their jewelry pieces to international buyers.
• The Jewellers: An exhibition featuring 20 Thai designers who are displaying their uniquely-designed jewelry pieces using innovative materials.
• Seminars and workshops: On topics relating to markets, products, design, and the use of e-commerce and social media tools for the gems and jewelry industry. An export clinic with commercial attaches will also be held.
• Colored Stone Auction: Organized by Bonas Colored Gems, one of the world’s leading diamond tender houses.
TGJTA, GJPCT Team Up to Announce Readiness for Thailand Gems & Jewelry Fair 2024 on 21-25 FEB 2024 , Aiming to Foster Sustainable Growth of the Gems and Jewelry Industry and Reduce the Government's Burden on Subsidy